Best Family Camping Tent
Camping refers to leaving your comfortable living style, moving, and spending your days and nights close to the nature. Many people love camping and prefer to go with their families. If you are also a camping- lover, you are availing these benefits of camping:
- Respect for the nature: When you spend most of your time in the natural environment, you create a sense of love and respect for the nature.
- Move away from the electronic gadgets: Camping takes you away from the electronic devices that have great negative impact on your health.
- Increases knowledge: In this way, you get to learn many things about our environment and increase your knowledge.
- Learn new skills: When you go for camping, you learn and experiment new survival skills that you cannot do in your daily routine. Moreover, these skills can be very useful at times!
- Sense of independence: If you go for camping with your family, you must have noticed that the self- confidence of your entire family has increased.
- Gives you escape: Camping allows you to spend time away from your boring monotonic routine. Moreover, it increases your creativity.
- Encourages exercise: While camping, you have to walk a lot, climb, and do similar actions. It increases your physical activity and helps you in becoming healthy.
- Enhances leadership skills: Camping gives you the opportunity to learn and make your leadership skills better.
- Makes you competent: Camping also makes you competent, especially your child. This change is visible in all those children who have done camping.
There are a lot of other benefits of camping that can make your professional and your personal life a better one. In addition, there are some instructions that you have to follow before going for the camping. The most important one is that you must carry a camping tent while going for the camping and you must have the best family camping tent if you are traveling with the family. So, while selecting for the best family camping tent, remember these features:
- Size: Obviously, the size of the tent depends on the number of people traveling with you. The other factor that influences the size of the tent is that how many people are going to share a single tent. So, if you are buying the tent for ten people, it means that only ten people can sleep in it, head to toe, side by side, without any space left for other things.
- Shape: While buying the best family camping tent, you have to make sure which shape is most suitable for the pace you are going to travel with your family. There are mostly four different shapes of tents available: dome, a- frame, umbrella, and wall. Most of the people buy the umbrella- shaped tents because they provide the maximum space.
- Fabric: Material from which the tent is very important because not every fabric can stand the different and harsh weather conditions. The best family camping tents are mostly made of nylon with the mesh screens that keep the flies and other bugs out of the tent. Moreover, heavier fabric materials are also available for extreme climatic conditions.
- Poles: The poles of the tent are used to support it and give it shape; yes, just like are bones. So, you must be very careful about the type of poles used because they are going to weigh a lot. Most of the camping tents use fiberglass or aluminum poles and are attached with the elastic cords that act as the shock absorbers.
- Set up: The tents take a lot of time when you try to set them up. However, some of them are extremely complicated. So, you must try to find out whether you are buying the correct type of tent that does not consume a lot of time and is easy to unfold and fold. Moreover, try to learn how to set the tent before camping so that you do not have to face any difficulty later.
Now that you know about the things you must see while buying the best family camping tent, we are going to tell you about some of the tents you may buy. You will have to make the decision depending upon your needs, wants, and the places you are going to visit, and other factors.
THE OZARK TRAIL 10-PERSON, 3-ROOM XL FAMILY CABIN TENT
- Accommodates 3 queen sized mattresses or 10 people
- A spare room
- A durable divider that splits into 3 rooms (for privacy purpose)
- 3 doors on the sides and the center panel (for separate entrance and exit)
- 6 windows (for ventilation)
- Equipped with taped fly seams (prevent water leakage and condensation)
- Waterproof floors (protects the campers)
- Easy to set up
COLEMAN 4- PERSON INSTANT TENT
- Accommodation for 4 members or a queen sized airbed (for a small family)
- Maximum satisfaction
- Minimum cost
- Easy to set up
- 2 interior pockets (for storage purpose)
- 3 large windows (for ventilation purpose)
- 1 door
- Very light weight (not suitable for very windy places)
- Tapped all over (no need of rain fly)
- KELTY ACADIA 4 PERSON TENT
- Accommodation for 4 members or a queen sized mattress (for a small family)
- Simple freestanding design
- 2 large doors
- Noiseless zippers (no disturbance while entering or leaving)
- Very airy and proper ventilation
- Interior pockets (for storage purpose)
- Relatively heavy (suitable for windy places)
COLEMAN 8-PERSON INSTANT TENT
- Accommodation for 8 members or 2 queen sized mattress (for a small family)
- Heavy- duty and thick fabric (suitable for windy places and harsh climate)
- Comes with the Coleman’s WeatherTec System (keeps the tent dry inside even in the midst of extreme weather)
- Tent provides a patented welded floor and inverted seams (help in keeping the water out)
- Tent features a user- friendly set- up mechanism (can be fully erected with no tools in less than a minute)
- 2 doors
- 7 windows (well ventilated)
- Removable interior divider
- 1 year warranty
- Not very portable (heavy weight)
- Difficult to disassemble